- Optimal when aged a minimum of 21-28 days.
- Always sure to make an impression whether grilled, broiled or sauteed.
- Great as a stuffed chop, simply stuff chop with sautéed spinach and parmesan cheese, sear chop on a hot skillet and broil to finish.
- A lean and nutrient packed protein.
- Low in saturated fat, high in iron, zinc and vitamin B12
- Family farm raised without the use of growth promoting hormones or steroids.
A light sweet flavor and, like all rib chops, will be the juiciest of all veal cuts. With almost half the amount of fat found in beef, it is a great lower fat alternative. It performs great in a variety of settings: on the grill, broiled or even pan roasted.
For a porcini mushroom rubbed veal rack begin by rubbing extra virgin olive oil over a whole veal frenched rack (6-7 ribs exposed) followed by rubbing a mixture of fine ground dried porcini mushrooms, ground red pepper flakes, salt and ground black pepper evenly patting over rack. Grill veal over direct heat, turning occasionally until browned all over, approximately 15-20 minutes. Move veal to indirect heat placing bone side down, turning occasionally until a temperature of 115 degrees F is achieved at center of loin.
Transfer veal rack to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice between bones and assess desired doneness, should you prefer a more crisp and charred chop simply return to grill over direct heat 1 minute or so per side.