- Classic thin sliced Liver sautéed with caramelized onions.
- Slow braise Cheek Meat for an exceptionally tender and flavorful experience.
- Sweetbreads “the supreme specialty meat” can be sautéed, braised, grilled, fried, and even roasted. Also great as pates, terrines and sausages.
- Kidney can be roasted, fried, sautéed or stewed.
- Tongue is best when slow cooked in a seasoned broth with vegetables.
How Do You Prepare Sweetbreads?
Blanch sweetbread in boiling water, remove and soak in ice water to firm them up. This doesn’t usually cook them through, but it does make it easier to remove any remaining membranes on the outside and form them by pressing into uniform pieces.
Finally, sweetbreads can be grilled, braised or breaded and seared or sautéed. They cook quickly and actually are quite forgiving since they can’t really be overcooked.