- An excellent choice when sliced thin for use in the many scallopine recipes or slice thicker for a tender and juicy loin medallion.
- A lean and nutrient packed protein
- Optimal when aged a minimum of 21-28 days.
- Low in saturated fat, high in iron, zinc and vitamin B12.
- Family farm raised without the use of growth promoting hormones or steroids.
For an authentic Veal Marsala season scallopine with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Preheat pan (skillet), add 2 table spoons of melted butter and 3 table spoons of extra virgin oil over moderate heat. Shake off excees flour and add scallopine to pan. Brown for approximately 3 min. per side and transfer from pan to plate.
Pour off excess oils and add ½ cup of marsala and ¼ cup of stock to pan. Bring to a boil while deglazing skillet for approximately 1-2 minutes.
Return veal to pan, cover and simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes.
To serve return scallopine to a heated platter, add ¼ cup of stock to the sauce remaining in pan and boil briskly. Once sauce has reduced to a syrup glaze season to taste and pour over scallopine.